Posted on: November 17, 2023. Location: Regina. Start date: ASAP
Contact Email: email@example.com
We are looking for a Welder who has a steady hand and great attention to detail to cut and join metals and other materials at our facility for the production and manufacturing of our Transformers.
As a welder you will be required to inspect incoming parts and to weld small parts together and fabricate non-oil-filled subassemblies. You must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions and regulations. You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Inspect/check incoming parts to ensure they match engineering blueprint drawings and specifications.
- Prepare materials for welding & setup welding machine.
- Remove brown scale from product, if required.
- Weld small parts to create subassemblies as per specifications.
- General housekeeping of area including cleaning and maintaining welding equipment.
- Performing other duties as allocated.
WHAT IT TAKES
Apply today if you meet the following requirements:
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Welding certification (Saskatchewan Polytechnic or equivalent).
- 6 months to 1 year of hands-on experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using a variety of tools.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Ability to work at sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Demonstrated precision and attention to detail.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check for the duration of employment.
PTI is a leading innovator of transformer technology with expertise in design, manufacturing, delivery, servicing, and repair of small, medium, and large power transformers, using innovative, sustainable, and custom-built solutions that bring value and quality to our customers. Since its inception in 1989, PTI Transformers has grown to be the largest privately-owned Canadian manufacturer of electrical power and distribution transformers.
Today, we operate manufacturing facilities in Regina and Winnipeg, and a warehouse in Mississauga, with a combined workforce of over 300 employees. PTI is a Platinum member of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies, one of Saskatchewan’s Top 100 businesses and are ISO-9001 certified.
Submit resumes by December 1, 2023. We thank all candidates in advance; however, we will only contact individuals who meet the requirements stated above.