Posted on: June 22, 2022. Location: Winnipeg. Start date: ASAP
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PTI Transformers LP is a leading innovator of transformer technology with expertise in design, manufacture, delivery and servicing of medium and large power transformers using innovative, sustainable and custom-built solutions that bring value and quality to our customers.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Shipping Department, the L1 Shipper is responsible, under supervision and guidance, to package, pallet, crate, load, and secure transformers and all other products for shipping domestically and internationally.
- Prepare transformers and other products for shipping with minimum supervision
- Properly prepare a transformer and accessories for shipping as per accepted practice and work instructions
- Safely operate forklift, hoisting, crane, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods
- Pallet, crate, and package parts for shipment in a manner that will avoid in-transit damage
- Verify transformer parts and shipping lists for completeness and accuracy
- Adhere to quality procedures
- Prepare railcar and trailers prior to loading
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Group Leader
- Minimum Grade 12 Education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Operation of overhead crane and forklift is an asset
- Building, construction, carpentry or manufacturing experience from 0 to 2 years is an asset
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, and work in a team environment
- Ability to perform measurement and weight calculations correctly without supervision in both metric and imperial dimensions
- Ability to obtain the following training as required: confined space entry, fall protection, WHMIS, and other safe work training applicable to Shipping
- Ability to get and maintain crane and forklift licenses and dangerous goods certification
- Ability to upgrade technical skills (including computer skills) as required to keep up with evolving shipping standards and practices
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
PTI Transformers LP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. PTI Transformers takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. Only those selected for the next steps will be contacted.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits PTI Transformers employees enjoy:
Comprehensive, Employer Paid Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Pension Plan • Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Optional Group RRSP or TFSA • Employee Assistance Program • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •