Posted on: January 2, 2023. Location: Winnipeg. Start date: ASAP
Contact Email: email@example.com
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the L1 Insulation Worker is responsible for fabricate components from pressboard and other insulating materials for use in transformer assembly, under supervision and guidance.
- Interpreting drawings, specifications, BOM, REI, NCR, EEIs special instructions, etc. to accomplish tasks, adhering to established Manufacturing Instructions (MIs)
- Analyzing and interpreting blueprints and BOM, reviewing the manufacturing process of components to determine material requirements.
- Performing required calculations including converting various units of measure to ensure sufficient material is available for the job.
- Developing cutting list by analyzing and interpreting blueprints and BOM
- Assisting with the design, designing, fabricating, and utilizing templates, jigs and fixtures, for the laying out of components and the manufacturing process
- Setting up production equipment in accordance with PTI’s quality and safety procedures
- Manufacturing static rings to drawings and specifications, ensuring adherence to all tolerances with minimal supervision
- Assisting in performing stock checks and doing cycle counts
- Utilizing effective time management to meet production deadlines.
- Minimum Grade 12 Education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Carpentry / Cabinet maker certificate is an asset
- Basic knowledge of hand and power tool use
- Previous carpentry experience is an asset
- Manufacturing experience, is an asset
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret basic drawings, sketches, and engineering specification blueprints
- Basic mathematical knowledge to perform general calculations subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, calculation of angles
- Ability to work in both metric and imperial dimensions
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, and work in a team environment
- Mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
- Ability to obtain the following training as required: fall protection, WHMIS, and other safe work training applicable to Insulation
PTI Transformers LP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. PTI Transformers takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. Only those selected for the next steps will be contacted.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits PTI Transformers employees enjoy:
Comprehensive, Employer Paid Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability •Pension Plan • Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Optional Group RRSP or TFSA • Employee Assistance Program • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •