L1 Coil Winder
Posted on: March 3, 2023. Location: Winnipeg. Start date: ASAP
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the L1 Coil Winder is responsible for winding coil electrical equipment according to diagrams using coil-winding machines and hand tools, under supervision and guidance
- Performing all aspects of coil winding and basic winding, including but not limited to: Lv’s (Low Volt), Tv’s (Tertiary Volt), Reactors, utilizing effective time management to meet production deadlines.
- Assisting with preparing basic coils for inspection
- Pulling wire, inspecting, measuring and recording wire batch numbers and sizes ensuring compliance with specifications
- Participating in pre-winding meetings with Group Leader to ensure common understanding of the job, if required
- Assisting with Conducting regular quality inspection and measurements to ensure compliance with specification
- Prepare, prebraze, braze the conductors
- Working according to quality documentation and manufacturing instructions
- Setting up tools and equipment as assigned
- Setting up and install components in order to wind coil and reactor windings as assigned, including cutting pressboard materials to specific size
- Removing scrap winding conductor from reels
- Identifying and kitting parts by verifying that the parts are there by checking BOM, drawings, packing lists
- Loading and offloading cylinders and conductor onto winding racks
- Split shield wires and regular conductors to specific length
- Make caps collars
- Assist with build ups when required
- Ensuring PCR book is signed and filled out in accordance with PTI Quality standards.
- Ensuring that tasks are executed safely, following all safety protocols and procedures to protect the employees, equipment and the transformer.
- Minimum Grade 12 Education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic knowledge of hand and power tool use
- Winding experience in related field, is an asset
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, and work in a team environment
- Manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and understand work orders, instructions and blueprints
- Attention to detail
- Ability to obtain the following training as required: Fall protection, WHMIS, Crane, and other safe work training applicable to Coil winding
PTI Transformers LP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. PTI Transformers takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance.
Applicants must be willing to complete a background check and reference check. Only those selected for the next steps will be contacted.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits PTI Transformers employees enjoy:
Comprehensive Employer Paid Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Company Pension Plan, Free on-site parking, Employee appreciation events