L1 Coil Assembler
Posted on: May 16, 2023. Location: Winnipeg. Start date: ASAP
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the L1 Coil Assembler is responsible for preparing and assemble of windings and insulation into coil assemblies ready for mounting onto transformer core assemblies, under supervision and guidance.
- Kitting insulation and other required materials
- Cleaning and preparing windings for assembly
- Supporting the process of turning coils right side up
- Moving coils to 400T press for sizing using pallet trucks or air movers (if over 15000 lbs.)
- Setting up winding on a pre-determined plate
- Installing wraps, ducts and required insulation to the outside of all coils, ensuring all dimensions are maintained and recorded
- Arranging basic lead configurations and taping them as per winding specifications
- Performing and understanding the various stages of the sizing operation
- Preparing and insulating lead connections
- Mounting all coils
- Wrapping coil in plastic for storage
- If required, assisting with any repairs or engineering changes to the coils
- Burning and cleaning epoxy covered leads
- Supporting the process of basic one-layer windings
- Preparing epoxy bonded coils (clamping process/declamping)
- Preparing coils for QA inspection
- Ensuring PCR book is signed and filled out in accordance with PTI Quality standards.
- Ensuring that tasks are executed safely, following all safety protocols and procedures to protect the employees, equipment and the transformer
- Minimum Grade 12 Education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic knowledge of hand and power tool use
- Previous assembly experience, is an asset
- Manufacturing experience, is an asset
- Ability to learn, understand and read blueprints, work orders and instructions
- Attention to detail, mental and visual concentration
- Ability to obtain the following training as required: fall protection, WHMIS, Forklift, Crane, and other health and safety training related to Coil Assembly
PTI Transformers LP is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. PTI Transformers takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance.
Applicants must be willing to complete a background check and reference check. Only those selected for the next steps will be contacted.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits PTI Transformers employees enjoy:
Comprehensive Employer Paid Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Company Pension Plan, Free on-site parking, Employee appreciation events.
“PTI strives to provide high quality products and services, treating every customer with courtesy and individualized care.”
1155 Park Street
Canada S4N 4Y8
101 Rockman Street
Canada R3T 0L7