Jr. Mechanical Designer (Technologist)
Posted on: June 22, 2022. Location: Winnipeg. Start date: ASAP
Contact Email: email@example.com
Jr. Mechanical Designer – Full Time, Permanent
PTI Transformers LP is a leading innovator of transformer technology with expertise in design, manufacture, delivery and servicing of medium and large power transformers using innovative, sustainable and custom-built solutions that bring value and quality to our customers.
Reporting to the Manager, Mechanical Engineering, the Jr. Mechanical Designer is responsible for converting customer and engineering requirements into cost-effective, manufacturable designs, using modeling software. Planning, organizing and evaluating engineering and customer requirements, to identify material requirements, and to develop cost effective, practical designs, under supervision and guidance of other designers.
- Read, analyze and interpret customer specifications
- Learn the fundamentals in transformer design and manufacturing methods and apply this knowledge to the mechanical designs for the transformers
- Draft engineering drawings for both parts and assemblies on Creo Parametric (3D CAD software)
- Edit and design parts of the transformer model (Creo Parametric) as assigned
- Perform alterations to models and drawings due to changes made to initial designs (REIs – Revised engineering instructions)
- Use SAP (ERP software) to index transformer parts for ordering
- Interpret engineering data and inputting into mechanical design spreadsheets and calculations as required
- Update and upload drawings using PTI’s document manager (Workflow)
- Identify areas for improvements in manufacturing processes, efficiencies, operational capacity and ISO standards
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology from an accredited post-secondary institution is required
- CTTAM designation would be an asset
- Knowledge in 3D Modelling Software is required (e.g. Unigraphics, Inventor, Solid Works, Solid Edge, CREO, 3D CAD)
- Computer literacy (Office Suite and AutoCAD)
- Engineering design experience in a manufacturing industry would be an asset
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes would be an asset
- High mechanical aptitude with exceptional ability and hands on experience, attention to detail
- Demonstrate leadership, organizational and planning skills, including problem solving
- Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization
PTI Transformers LP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. PTI Transformers takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance.
Applicants must be willing to complete a background check and reference check. Only those selected for the next steps will be contacted.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits PTI Transformers employees enjoy:
Comprehensive, Employer Paid Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Optional Group RRSP or TFSA • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •