Posted on: October 13, 2023. Location: Regina. Start date: ASAP
Contact Email: email@example.com
THE OPPORTUNITY AWAITS YOU
As our business continues to grow and expand, so is our team to keep up with our current and future customer demands. Are you looking for a new opportunity to join the largest privately-owned Canadian Manufacturer of transformers and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies? Then this is the role for you!
As part of the Distribution Assembler team, you will be responsible to assemble transformer tanks, mini-pads, and oil well-pumpers (OWPs). This includes preparing and filling the tank with oil, preparing and installing lids, and conducting pressure tests.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Review service order and verify all required parts and materials are present; assemble tanks according to specifications, ensuring alignment is correct.
- Utilize jib crane to load the unit onto the conveyor track.
- Participate in tank preparation which includes installing various components on the exterior of the transformer.
- Fill the tank with oil based on customer specifications and industry standards; install and bolt lid onto tank.
- Conduct pressure test using defined procedures and advancing completed units to the test bay.
- Performing other duties as allocated.
WHAT IT TAKES
Apply today if you meet the following requirements:
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- 6+ months experience in manufacturing and/or related experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of hand tools.
- Demonstrated ability to read and follow specs to assemble tanks.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability work at sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Ability to lift items up to 50lbs unassisted.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check for the duration of employment.
PTI is a leading innovator of transformer technology with expertise in design, manufacturing, delivery, servicing, and repair of small, medium, and large power transformers, using innovative, sustainable, and custom-built solutions that bring value and quality to our customers. Since its inception in 1989, PTI Transformers has grown to be the largest privately-owned Canadian manufacturer of electrical power and distribution transformers.
Today, we operate manufacturing facilities in Regina and Winnipeg, and a warehouse in Mississauga, with a combined workforce of over 300 employees. PTI is a Platinum member of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies, one of Saskatchewan’s Top 100 businesses and are ISO-9001 certified.
Submit resumes by October 27, 2023. We thank all candidates in advance; however we will only contact individuals who meet the requirements stated above.