Posted on: August 11, 2023. Location: Winnipeg. Start date: ASAP
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Controls Designer (Full Time, Permanent)
PTI Transformers LP is a leading innovator of transformer technology with expertise in design, manufacture, delivery and servicing of medium and large power transformers using innovative, sustainable and custom-built solutions that bring value and quality to our customers.
Reporting to the Electrical Design Manager, the Controls Designer is responsible for converting customer and engineering requirements into cost effective, manufacturable, transformer controls designs.
· Design controls schemes for power transformers by interpreting engineering specifications, customer requirements and applicable standards as well Electrical and Mechanical design inputs.
· Use E3 schematic software and/or AutoCAD, create schematic drawings and production drawings (wiring diagrams).
· Make calculations as required by the design to correctly size the control equipment and select appropriate components to be used.
· Generate a Bill of Materials and order material requirements in SAP.
· Update drawing and BOM based on customer, supplier, and shop revisions.
· Monitor units in production and perform inspections as necessary
· Generate quotations for controls designs based on customer specifications
· Coordinate/communicate with suppliers for any technical issues
· Contribute to improvement projects within the Engineering Department
· Other departmental operation and administrative duties or projects as assigned by the Manager, Electrical Design.
· Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology
· Possess or working towards CET (Certified Engineering Technologist) designation would be an asset
· Experience in design/controls design for large power systems would be an asset
· Excellent organization skills and time management skills
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
· Computer proficiency (E3 schematic or similar control design software/Microsoft Office).
PTI Transformers LP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. PTI Transformers takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance.
Applicants must be willing to complete a background check and reference check. Only those selected for the next steps will be contacted.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits PTI Transformers employees enjoy:
Comprehensive Employer Paid Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Company Pension Plan, Free on-site parking, Employee appreciation events